Sunday 7 June 2015

Photographs at Riverhill.


Yesterday, I spent a creative afternoon with Poet in Residence, Abegail Morley at Riverhill Himalyan Gardens, Sevenoaks.


The event was called Words at Riverhill and a group of approximately 40 writers shared their words at the end of the day, fuelled by home-made shortbread and beautiful scenery.



My words are still in longhand and under consideration for another place. But the day was so glorious I wanted to share a few photographs of Riverhill and encourage a visit to this privately owned gem in the Weald of Kent within easy reach of the droning A21 via the A225.




I sat inside an ancient rhododendron on its well established branches and gazed at the sky as dappled light filtered through its leaves bringing with it memories of my childhood in another long gone garden.





I walked in solitude, constantly surprised by statues, thoughtful planting, wildlife and expansive vistas.



With plenty of seats positioned under fig trees, along gravel pathways and hidden in the Walled Garden, gently strolls are rewarded with restful observation corners to observe nature busy working.




Inspired by what I have seen, wondering what I have missed, I intend to visit again in a different season.




Riverhill has a growing list of events to enjoy some involving the talented Abegail Morley.



Links ; You can find the virtual  Riverhill Himalayan Gardens here here
More about Abegail Morley here



No comments:

Post a Comment