Saturday 20 June 2015

Blue Saturday



Opening a suitcase on a rainy Saturday afternoon I found I had folded myself away.
I wasn't expecting to find my twenty year old self, but there I was, dressed in blue,
All long-legged, insecure and my future awaiting I wore the uniform of my time.
This meant lying on the floor trying to insert my body into denim long before the gap between thighs became a fashion statement. Doing up the zip and then pulling myself to standing postion I was ready for the day, with matching eye-shadow. Not sure if I ever laid in the bath to shrink my jeans to achieve the perfect fit. But here they are as valuable to me as any photograph. A symbol of the person I was, a little rebel in blue jeans, just trying to fit in. Now, I am just a little rebel who cannot discard her jeans but would very much like to fit in them again.



No comments:

Post a Comment