Tuesday 20 August 2013

Creating with Creative Life

    





   Despite having a wonderful writing space at home for sunny days or even rainy days, when it is good to feel snug and dry whilst observing the elements, sometimes a change is required. I took the opportunity to take advantage of a new venture and took myself to Brighton.

In a lovely calm room overlooking the sea at the Artist Residence in Brighton, I settled down with a couple of other writers including the inspirational Victoria Bantock of What the Dickens and opened my computer.


Victoria, under the Creative Life Project banner is offering the opportunity to develop those creative thoughts and urges by providing space and events to take those projects further.

                                                      Writing Spaces: Wed 21 Aug, 5.30-8pm, Brighton

A story that I had started work on  several months ago made its way from page to screen and on the way was reworked and revamped and resulted in a word document of just under 2,000 words.


Motivated by tea and biscuits and a tiny amount of chat, I found this a valuable session to be able to move forwards with the story that had been hidden, waiting, in the notebook under the photographs.


Great space, two and half hours flew by, the sun shone and the view was inspiring, especially as my story takes place by the sea.

Afterwards, I met up with my husband who had been cycling along the coast and enjoyed a delicious meal at a nearby Fish restaurant in Regency Square.


                                           

Now I have a typed document  and a pen ready to edit:

                                              


For more information follow this link: The Creative Life Project

I would encourage anyone to try this out and see if it works for you.




No comments:

Post a Comment