Thursday 12 December 2013

Tunbridge Wells through an Advent Window

In which I stroll around Tunbridge Wells at night looking for the magic of Christmas displayed in shop windows.




How cute are these?
A visit to Tunbridge Wells would not be complete without walking along the Pantiles and so my calendar requires a window or two from this most famous area of the town. I came across Collared just one week after it opened and was smitten.Really I am more of a cat person. The window made me smile, the inside even more so and I left with presents for pets. I followed the most adorable pug dogs as they sniffed their way around the store, they were dressed for the occasion in glamourous outerwear. Yes, you can take your dogs into this shop. I had already taken the photographs I needed but still I stood gazing at these dogs in coats and what a conversation starter that was. Adults and children were drawn to the window display and I think this will set a trend for the dogs walkers groups on the Common. It reminded me of the slogan created in 1978 by Clarissa Baldwin for the Dogs Trust 'A dog is for life and not just for Christmas' I don't think that will be a problem here.




No comments:

Post a Comment