Thursday 4 August 2011

Longing for London and lovely things.

Such a rainy day, my soul , body and mind need feeding. So a few images of macaroons from Laudree www.laduree.fr make me feel better. The website is delightful and worth a visit for the charming graphics.

These photographs are from the new premises in Covent Garden which I visited recently on a lovely sunny day. It is better for my waistline if I just take the photographs and devour with my eyes only.


   Ladurée Covent Garden
For my mind, I am enjoying The Best of Everything by Rona Jaffee- published by Penguin.

So today, my camera and I sat with my book on the sofa and watched the rain batter my roses.Their petals falling like tears.
 My mind travelled to New York and my soul contemplated publishing words. Because I snatch moments to write, if uninterrupted they are sublime. Stretching from minutes into hours they flow into chapters.
 If interrupted they are snapped shut. Words hurtle down tunnels and hide in shadows, their ghosts echo in my mind as they try to exist in everyday life.



                                                                                  



 A childhood poem came to mind.

 Rain

The rain is raining all around.
It falls on field and tree,
It rains on the umbrellas here,
 And on the ships at sea.

 Robert Louis Stevenson 

No comments:

Post a Comment