Saturday 14 December 2013

Tunbridge Wells Advent Window for the Inner Diva

In which I stroll around Tunbridge Wells at night looking for the magic of Christmas displayed in the shop windows of Independent Retailers.



The Shoe Gallery in The High Street Tunbridge Wells.
An Advent Calendar for Tunbridge Wells would not be complete without a shoe shop image.
This is a town made for walking, if not in stilettos because of the hills, at least for the window displays.
But surely Christmas is a time for new shoes, party shoes, glamorous shoes.
From the very first pair of shoes those:
'Two Shoes, Blue Shoes, Bright Shiny New Shoes' 
moments,we are addicted to owning a pair of glorious heels.
From Cinderella and the shoes that will not fit, Wizard of Oz and the clicking of red heels, happiness can be found for a moment in a pair of high heels .
The older we women become and more we wear sensible shoes, I do not think we lose the passion for a sideways glance at a pair of Manolo Blahnik's.
Here I hold my hand up, I have been known to buy a pair of Lulu Guinness ankle boots to use as book ends.
But then I never was conventional.





No comments:

Post a Comment