Friday 20 December 2013

Advent Windows in Tunbridge Wells

In which I stroll around Tunbridge Wells at night looking for the magic of Christmas displayed in the shop windows of Independent Retailers.



Le Petit Jardin in Chapel Place 





I could not miss this out. When I started my search for windows this was the very first photograph I took. So if you are after traditional sledges there may not be any left!
I headed to Chapel Place as I knew this shop would not disappoint.
Containing presents for the discerning gardener who also likes objects for the interior of the house that have a French vintage feel, then this is the shop for you. Here the unusual mixed with the beautiful, this haven always smells divine because of the herb candles gently burning. At the same time you may notice the background sounds, I came out with an urge to download as much music by Yann Tiersen as possible. Amelie the film I already knew but Good Bye Lenin! I didn't . So I had gone to buy flowers and I came home with soundtracks and films to buy. If you stay too long in here you will also find yourself considering re-painting the interior of your house as the decor is rather lovely too.
In the day time, this double fronted shop has seasonal plants placed artistically outside to entice you in.
A charming place to browse, don't miss it if you are visiting Tunbridge Wells.

1 comment:

  1. Despite not being a gardener, I always think this shop looks lovely. And now even better all decked out for xmas.

    ReplyDelete