Monday 8 September 2014

Preparation for Heritage Open Days





In preparation for Heritage Open Days this weekend coming I made another visit to the cemetery.
I paced out my walk, checked in on my angels and noted that the ivy had been busy growing and is threatening to obscure some of the delicate features of their faces.

Whilst I add historic detail to the talk and frame up the photographs I thought it would be good to show this postcard I purchased recently. Produced by H. Camburn of Tunbridge Wells, it depicts the stonemasons Burslem's who used to be adjacent to the cemetery. As I meandered around the Victorian section I noted how many of the designs shown above appear to now be in situ just across the road.
Apologies for the wonky presentation of the image above, but please don't expect the gravestones to be upright either. Some of them are very old and that is part of their charm.
So back to planning and detail and as I put more together each night I thought it would be good to share a little in more than the few syllables allowed by twitter.



Just a few places left.

No comments:

Post a Comment